At AncestrybyDNA™, we respect and protect the privacy of our customers and those who use our websites, products and services.
This privacy statement provides the details about how your Personal Information is collected and used.
Personal Information is any information that identifies you or would enable someone to contact you, such as your name, email address, phone number and other non-public information that is associated with your order. AncestrybyDNA™ collects personal information when you participate in opportunities we provide, for example:
- When you order a product or service or make a request
- When you register your product
- When you participate in a survey, contest, sweepstakes or other promotion
- When we conduct and you participate in market research
- When you participate in a blog, forum or review
We store personal information for the ongoing operation of our services related to the products and services you purchased from AncestrybyDNA™. We utilize industry-leading standards for data protection to ensure that your personal information stays confidential.
How we use Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your request, such as to send you email alerts
- To send you important information regarding the site, changes to AncestrybyDNA™ terms, condition and policies and/or other administrative information
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, such as process your payment, order delivery, communication regarding your purchase and any related customer service
- To send you marketing communication that we believe may be of interest to you, including information about services other than AncestrybyDNA™
- To personalize your experience on the Site by offering products and offers tailored to you and your previous purchases
- To allow your participation in surveys and other promotions
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence, to comply with legal process, to respond to requests from public and government authorities including those outside your country of residence and to enforce AncestrybyDNA™ terms and conditions
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of AncestrybyDNA™ business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
To gauge the effectiveness of our website and services and to help make efficient use of and improve our website and services, AncestrybyDNA™ may collect Non-Personal Information about visitors that does not reveal your specific identify.
AncestrybyDNA™ may collect Non-Personal Information:
- Through your browser. Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as you address, computer type (Windows or Mac), screen resolution, operations systems version and Internet browser type and version.
- Using information such as your geographical location as well as other information voluntarily provided by you. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other use of the site.
- By aggregated Personal Information that does not personally identify you or any other user of the site, such as to calculate the percentage of AncestrybyDNA™ users who have a particular area code or zip code.
How we use Non-Personal Information
Because No-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Personal and Non-Personal Information such as combining your name with your geographical location. If we combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by AncestrybyDNA™ as Personal Information.
You may opt-out from receiving future marketing communications or participation surveys by indicating here. Please note: We will try to comply with you request as soon as reasonably practicable but may take up to 2 weeks from the date of your request.
AncestrybyDNA™ adheres to Safe Harbor principals published by the US Department of Commerce with respect to all such data.
Trademark and Copyright Law protect all of this site’s web content, graphics and images, in whole or in part, and in any combination.
AncestrybyDNA™ grants permission to use information provided on this site for your personal, informational use only. It may not be reproduced for any commercial purpose. If you are unsure of the extent of this permission, you can reach us here.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
As business needs change, AncestrybyDNA™ may email changes to our policies but you should review our policy frequently to be aware of any such changes. Please review the “Revised Date ” at the bottom of this page to view the effective date of the last update. Any changes or additions to this Privacy Statement will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Site. Your use of the Site following these changes indicates that you accept the revised policy.
Revised March 28, 2016